Have you been confused trying to figure out if your supplemental Amplifon Hearing Health Care insurance plan covers you for hearing aids?
If so, then you’re in the right place.
In this article, we’ll talk you through what your supplemental Amplifon Hearing Health Care insurance plan includes when it comes to hearing healthcare and what your options are going forward.
By Default, Hearing Aids Are Not Covered By Insurance
In most states, standard insurance plans don’t typically cover the cost of hearing aids, which comes down to the fact that insurance companies generally view hearing aids as elective and not mandatory.
This truly baffles hearing care professionals, as we know just how debilitating life can be when living with hearing loss. Since hearing aids are medical devices that can change the lives of millions of people, you’d be right in thinking it’s pretty unfair that something so vital to the quality of one’s life would not be included in insurance plans by default.
However, 23 states (list does not include Washington) require hearing aids to be covered in insurance plans, although most plans only cover children. Some states have an odd rule that insists insurance companies include the cost of a hearing test, but this coverage does not extend to hearing aids.
Does Medicare Cover The Cost Of Hearing Aids?
Around one-third of individuals in the US between ages 65 and 74 have some level of hearing loss. What’s more, half of those over the age of 75 have hearing loss, according to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD).
These age ranges indicate that most people who could benefit from hearing aids are also eligible for Medicare coverage.
The bad news is that Medicare does not cover hearing aids or hearing care, leaving many dependent on the program without the means to invest in hearing aids.
Fortunately, Amplifon partners with certain insurance plans to offer additional member savings.
What Does Amplifon Offer In Terms Of Hearing Care Coverage?
Amplifon is a supplemental insurance program. Check your insurance provider to see if it’s offered with your plan. It’s also part of the Medicare Advantage Plan (Medicare Supplement).
Amplifon provides significant savings, depending on the tier of coverage you choose:
- A nationwide network of thousands of hearing care providers that meet NCQA accredited credentialing requirements.
- No waiting period.
- A routine hearing screening by an in-network physician or audiologist (a pass or fail evaluation) every 24 months.
- Providers offer 40% average savings on services.
- An average savings of up to 62% savings on MSRP for ten major brands. Price match on most hearing devices plus an additional 5%.
- Find your right fit by trying your hearing aids for 60 days: 100% money-back guarantee if not completely satisfied, no return or restocking fees.
- Three-year warranty includes coverage for repairs, loss, or damage. One-time claim only.
- Battery support includes a 2-year battery supply (80 cells/ear/year) or a charging station to keep you powered.
- One-year follow-up care, including cleaning, adjustment, and other hearing aid services for one year following purchase.
Still Unsure? The Insurance Experts At Inland Hearing Can Help
Hearing aids provide a unique opportunity to continue living an independent and rewarding lifestyle without skipping a beat.
We want our patients to experience the incredible benefits hearing aids provide, so Inland Hearing goes the extra mile to help you get the financial help you need for your hearing aid investment.
Our insurance experts know exactly how to navigate and communicate with insurance companies, such as Amplifon Hearing Health Care, to determine the level of benefits included in your coverage.